JellyPages.com

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Party Dip for the Belle on the Go!

Okay Ladies and Gents,

I would like to start out by saying that most of my friends and family can cook. As in Paula Deen would cry tears of ecstasy if she tasted Mama's Spanish Cornbread, Banny's Seafood Bisque, Aunt Lisa's freezer jam, or Auntie's Cajun Gumbo and Martha Stuart would fall to her knees and beg for their recipes. The famous Mrs. Wasp can whip up a meal for the masses in 15 minutes flat. I, you're favorite modern Belle, am not like that at all.

However, over the years I have perfected ways to 'cheat' the domestic system and make dishes that people believe are creative and delightful... and I have done most of it out of whatever was in my pantry and refrigerator already.

Today, I want to tell you how to make a fantastic dip in no time flat. Because what makes a Belle on the go happier than being able to throw a great 'snack' dish together on the go and be praised for it by all who sample?

First off, you need a 'dip/chips' dish. It looks like an bunt cake pan with a bowl in the middle so that you can scatter chips around the outer layer, and put dip in the bowl in the middle.


Above dish can be found Here!

Now, grab any salsa or relish that you like... I frequent my local Harry and David's and check out their Peach Salsa, Raspberry Relish and more. Now, for every half of the jar add 1 stick of cream cheese. Mix it together (if you do not have a beasty mixer, try popping it in the microwave for just a few seconds to soften it up). Mix it thoroughly, dump it into the center of your new 'dip/chip' dish, scatter some chips around it and viola!

I've done this for several church and family get togethers and have had people rave about my 'Gormet Dip' and it is cheap and easy.

Give it a try and let me and the rest of my followers know how it goes! Best of Luck!

Sweet Tea and Cookie's Ya'll!
~Mrs. Belle

1 comment:

  1. Yummmmm! That's like the hot version of my spread and crackers! You have got to try this if you haven't already:

    1 brick philly cream cheese
    1 jar (about 6-8 oz) pepper jelly (my fave is braswell's green pepper jelly)

    let both sit on the counter and come to room temp, place the brick of cream cheese on a lipped serving platter, pour jelly over top to cover cheese. Serve with Club Crackers. It's phenomenal. And very much a Southern thing. Granny has never thrown a party that didn't have this with the munchies!

    And thanks for mentioning me!! I'm working on your new blog design right now! XX

    ReplyDelete