JellyPages.com

Saturday, August 6, 2011

DWO: Driving While Old.

Hokay, So...

I have been rear ended twice in the last three days by an elderly driver.

The first time, the little old lady appeared to be older than Mafusla and did not even notice that she had hit me. From the force of the hit, I seriously doubted she had made any damage on the steel bumper of my Nissan Titan, so I just drove off. I didn't even get out and look. I mean, one tab in the drive through of a bank is nothing right?

Two days later, I'm stopped at a red light and I get hit hard enough to actually MOVE this giant best of a truck that I drive forward. For a moment, I sat there for a second in shock and thought to myself 'Surely not... Surely this did not just happen again?'. But, sure enough. I look in my rear view mirror and see the woman in the passenger seat of this car glaring at the man and him returning her look with something of a 'maybe she didn't notice' look. Not a chance dude. I noticed. So I hop out and go skipping back there to see the damage... once again, none on my truck. As I've said, she's a beast. :) The car however, was focked up!

Now, here comes the part that nearly left my jaw hung open in shock... This older gentleman steps out and says "Sorry about that, I just kinda rolled into you..". Yes Sir, you did. At about 25 miles an hour. Come to think of it, I've never heard of an accident that was not caused by someone 'rolling into' someone else, usually at a high rate of speed. Anyway, no damage to my truck and the gentleman looked like he was going to suffer enough at the hands of the angry lady in the passenger seat, so I opted to once again avoid calling Johnston Counties finest and went on my merry way.

However, after reflecting on this way, I am under the assumption that the elderly community must be after me! Once is an accident, twice is an odd coincidence... if they hit me again, I'm going to the Don in the hopes that his great great great grandaughter is having a wedding soon...

Sweet Tea and Cookies Ya'll!
Mrs. Belle

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What's up fellow Carolina girl! I am also in NC in south Charlotte. I miss ECU, good times there ;) I loved reading your About Me, we have a LOT in common. Huskies are my favorite breed of dog too. Anyways - loving your blog and can't wait to read more. You know I'm following you girl! XO
    www.mylifeasliztaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you! I'm definitely hitting up your blog too!

    :)

    ReplyDelete