JellyPages.com

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Titles

Hello Folks,

I thought today that I would talk about titles and how many I carry. I listed them off to my self this morning as I flat ironed my hair and it occurred to me that each title has it's own 'weight' that I carry around with me every where I go.

Everyone has titles, but I think that most of us, me included, realize how many. Here are a few of mine:

Wife, Daughter, Sister, Grand daughter, Niece, Cousin, Friend, Confidante, Adviser, Babysitter, Rescuer, Daughter-in-law, Sister-in-law, Aunt, Neighbor, Step Daughter, Step Sister, Lover, Supporter, Fighter, Writer, Student, Owner, Driver, Cook, Gardener... and many, many more.

It occurs to me that the majority of my time is spent fulfilling these roles. It's... tiresome. Unfortunately, it seems to be the price you pay for having family, friends, acquaintances, etc.

My first thought when I read over these is that none of these are for me... all of these titles are my relation to others... how I fit into their lives and what impact I have. I feel... odd about that. It's like I'm living my life entirely for the people around me. Where is my title for ME? Granted, some of these relationships have perks for me... such as the unconditional love of my family and the friendship of my friends, but if I spent all of my time fulfilling these roles, where is my time for me?

I want my list to change... perhaps to reflect ME a little more as opposed to my obligations or relationships with other people. I would love for it to include the word: GODDESS. Yes... I think that I like the sound of that.

Now... where to begin. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment