JellyPages.com

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In the Beginning...

There was me. Conceited? No. Truth. This blog is to chronicle my life, and where better to start, than with myself?

I learn new things about myself every day. I am everything, and I am nothing. I am someone and I am no one. It depends on the day, and the point of view.

I suppose I should start with some facts about me. They are in no particular order, and they do not define me. I define me. They just assist.

I am a military wife. I started out as a Marine Corps wife, now I am an Army National Guard wife. I created and run a rescue for dogs, primarily Siberian Huskies, Alaskan Malamutes, Samoyeds, and American Eskimos. I am a student at East Carolina University. I have many friends, family members, and acquaintances. Some wonderful and all that is good, others terrible and all that is awful.  I am 23 years old, often I feel older. I have an anxiety depression disorder... it is a constant battle, some days I win, others I lose. I am a Christian, and I do not push it onto others... and I will not have anyone else push their religion or lack of religion onto me. I am childfree by choice and love every minute of it. All of these I intend to explore in this blog, so stay tuned.

I love macaroni and cheese, Duplin wine, coffee with flavored creamer, lobster, traveling abroad, colors, cartoons, laughing, board games, and people with accents. I love conversation, civil debates, and snuggling up and listening to the rain. Simple things delight me, complex things intrigue me. I am a firm believer in delighting in life, even when life is smashing the breath out of you in the worst possible way.


My world is small, but gets larger by the day. On some days, I live a life of bleak existence of quiet solitude and desperation... other days, the world is my stage and I am taking advantage of my love of performing. My goal in life is to live each day as an adventure, and chronicle it here, for the world to read. When my heart soars, you will fly with it and similarly when it breaks, you will ache with it.

Enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment